I still don't get a clue what; wrong here and why this all happend. Hope
the information above will be helpful.

I have had KDE behave similarly when my LDAP authentication was screwed up. There was an issue caused by a gnome library that was pulled in by gnucash. This only affected KDE logins, not console logins. Are you attempting to log in with a local user?

This same thing also happened to me once when the disk was full.

Cheers,

Paul

Well,I was always using a local user account since I'm just using Gentoo on my PC for my own daily stuff.And this never happened before.

Jackie