On Saturday 27 April 2013 06:33:24 AM IST, Grant wrote:
My wife and I recently visited Vanuatu (island of Santo) and fell in
love with it.  We got to know some locals pretty well and everybody is
pining for laptops.  Internet service is becoming widely available due
to Digicel and TVL cell phone signals but I didn't meet anyone with a
real smartphone.  I promised to return with laptops and I'd like to
make good on that.  Which ultra low-cost but functional laptops or
netbooks would you choose for this?  I'm looking into OLPC but I'm not
sure how that works.

- Grant

I heard Chromebooks are cheap, but I don't know what's their exact cost / feasibility / etc.