On Sun, 2013-04-28 at 18:47 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> By far the most likely cause is you type
>
> emerge =gentoo-sources-<something>
>
> and forget to use the -1 option. It's the same thing that results in
> packages called *lib* in world

Yeah, I knew that doing this would cause what I was talking about, but I
don't recall ever having using a specific version in a kernel emerge
command. I guess it's possible I just don't remember doing it, but it
happens often enough that I don't think this is why.

I'll try to pay attention to the contents of world and see if I can
pinpoint an action that is doing this. Thanks!

--
Randy Barlow