Hi,

I have a SSD in my laptop and I am running Win7 and Gentoo in Parralel. for
some purpose I needed several Partitions so my base system was lying on
sda10, on an LVM-PV. Today my Windows refused to start and during recovery
its diskpart must have deleted the information about the 10th partition on
the disk, containing my main Gentoo system. Recovery failed, but
sysrescuecd still works :)

Now I'm concerned about the rescueing of the partition on the SSD, is it
the same way as on HDDs and are the same memory-parts of the SSD used? Or
is the partiton gone forever? And when I recreate a partition, will the PV
with the data still be there and readable?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Randolph Maaßen