On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 04:09:13PM +0200, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi people!
> I have come close, according my profession to buy myself the latest Mac
> Mini Server.
>
> Because I do all of my development stuff on Gentoo and Windows, I am
> highly interested to know if any of you guys is running Mac OS X and
> Windows beside Gentoo and boot from GRUB.
>

> What I hear all the time from other people, is this "bootcamp"
> application apple has published a while ago. What is this bootcamp?! Is
> this a boot-loader or BIOS ?! What is it?
>
> If I am not really wrong, I suggest, that bootcamp is nothing else as a
> bootloader that does in reality nothing else like GRUB.
>

> Tamer

"Boot Camp is a multi boot utility included with Apple Inc.'s OS X that
assists users in installing Microsoft Windows operating systems on
Intel-based Macintosh computers. The utility's Boot Camp Assistant
guides users through non-destructive disk partitioning (including
resizing of an existing HFS+ partition, if necessary) of their hard disk
drive and installation of Windows device drivers. The utility also
installs a Windows Control Panel applet for selecting the boot operating
system."

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Camp_%28software%29

You might also want to take a look at rEFIt [0] if you want to boot Linux on
your Mac Mini.

[0] - http://refit.sourceforge.net/
--
staticsafe