On 06/11/2013 04:00 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
> It seems that there were some changes recently in the .config
> file.  I recently built a 3.7.10-gentoo-r1 kernel on a new machine and
> was on the verge of sending an email to the list asking what the bleep I
> was doing wrong.  After some experimentation, I found that I need either
> CONFIG_RTC=y ...

That fixed the problem for me, thanks.

OTOH, I've never had CONFIG_RTC enabled before, including 3.9.5, yet I've
always had /dev/rtc until 3.10.  Now I have /dev/rtc && /dev/rtc0, FWIW.

I have no idea why you guys are having the same problem with older kernels,
except maybe some useflag has changed recently.  Are all of you running
~amd64, maybe?

BTW, I pull directly from kernel.org, I don't use sys-kernel/git-sources,
so my git kernels are not affected by any useflags, FWIW.

Thanks guys.