On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 05:33:37PM -0700, walt wrote

> I have no idea why you guys are having the same problem with older
> kernels, except maybe some useflag has changed recently.  Are all
> of you running ~amd64, maybe?
>
> BTW, I pull directly from kernel.org, I don't use
> sys-kernel/git-sources, so my git kernels are not affected by any
> useflags, FWIW.

  I'm running stable amd64.  I don't think a USE flag is involved.
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources only has...

-build -deblob -symlink

...flags available.  I think it's a change in .config defaults.  Note
that .config calls it legacy RTC.  I think that the "legacy" RTC support
has been made a non-default option, and HPET's emulation of RTC is now
the norm.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>