Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> rdalek1...@gmail.com wrote:
>> I wonder if he can unmerge growisofs?  Or at least remove the file.
> In order to make it use cdrecord for DVD and BD ?
>
> (Cough.)
>
> growisofs is unsurpassed with DVD. I am a competitor of it
> (by libburn) and believe to be able to judge its doings in
> respect to the SCSI standards SPC-3 and MMC-5.
>
> With BD it has one bug and two design decisions which i do not
> agree with.
> The bug is the one which i strongly believe is reported here.
> We could know for sure if Alex would try the proposed fix.
>
> The two decisions are formatting BD-R to Pseudo Overwrite capability,
> and not offering writing without Defect Management to formatted BD.
> Defect Management reduces write speed to at most half nominal
> media speed. Pseudo Overwrite puts an extra layer of complexity
> onto BD-R burning.
>
> The bug is easily fixed, and the design decisions are features for
> which the author has made his point in
>   http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/Blu-ray/
> I do not agree, but i cannot flatly reject his reasons, either.
>

> Have a nice day :)
>
> Thomas

I thought it might be worth a mention as a temporary workaround.  If the
growisofs file is removed, k3b won't find it and can't use it.  Of
course, it may not work at all then either.  I'm not a k3b expert but do
use it sometimes.

Maybe one of these ideas floating around will help the OP.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!