Thomas Schmitt <scdbac...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> rdalek1...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I wonder if he can unmerge growisofs?  Or at least remove the file.
>
> In order to make it use cdrecord for DVD and BD ?
>
> (Cough.)
>
> growisofs is unsurpassed with DVD. I am a competitor of it

It seems that you are not correclty informed.

Many people reported problems even with writing DVDs using growisofs that went
away after upgrading to cdrtools.

Note that I already mentioned that growisofs is a layzy written program that
has many places where is returns the unly slightly modified result of a SCSI
mode sense operation while running a SCSI mode select operation. As it only
slightly modifies the received data instead of constructing SCSI standard
compliant data, these mode select operations do not always have the desired
effect.

This kind of problems is independent from the media type and as a result,
growisofs of course also fails with DVDs for some users.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
       j...@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)