On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you really want to put /home on a SSD?

My first step into SSD on my desktop was to put everything-but-home
onto it. I left home on a HDD. Speedup was very noticeable! Especially
portage-related things were very much faster (accessing thousands of
small files).

I later added a second SSD for home, but kept the old HDD for huge
directories like photos, videos, downloads, ISOs/virtual disk images,
Steam games folder, etc. There was honestly not a very appreciable
speedup from adding the home SSD, in my opinion. But that probably
depends highly on individual usage patterns.