On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 04:44:42AM +0100, Ian Hastie wrote

> "Walter Dnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Notice there is no sse3 support.

  I got carried away there.  It only goes up to sse2.  Another goof on
my part was referring to the gcc 3.4.4 docs.  I think we're still on
3.3.5.

> > Now I just need to get the sound chip working.
>
> Which chip is it you have?  My emu10k1 based Audigy 2 works well with
> the in kernel driver.  I'd expect most of the other OSS kernel
> supported chips to work in 64 bit mode too.

  I finally got it going.  My Google-fu hasn't been as good as it could
be.  I tried earlier searching on my motherboard and "k8", and got
buried in a gazillion results, consisting mostly of people listing off
their system components, or else computer stores selling systems with
that motherboard.  I tried a few more times and finally found someone
saying how he got his sound working.  First, in "make menuconfig" ...

<M> Intel/SiS/nVidia/AMD/ALi AC97 Controller

  And then at bootup...

modprobe snd-intel8x0

  I could put the modprobe

--