On 30/07/2013 08:45, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been running a Windows 7 (professional)guest  with Virtualbox on my
> GenToo system for some years.
> But recently I have a broken network either due to Virtualbox or due to
> some
> (automatic) Windows updates.
>
> The situation is more than strange.
>
> Sometime using a backed up Virtualbox image the network seems to work
> but only for
> a very short time (some minutes?)
>
> Windows error analyzing tools don't see any network problems but it does
> not work.
>
> Trying ping -n 100 <IP>  only a few packets come back but with a large
> delay (40-50 times
> larger delay compared to ping on the GenToo host)
>
> I've tried the most recent Virtualbox 4.2.16 as well the oldest one (in
> the tree) which is 4.1.26
>
> So probably it looks best to me to change to a different (free) VM.
> What do you recommend?
>
> Many thanks for a hint,
> Helmut

Your post is a bit vague, what outcome are you looking for?

Do you want to fix the VirtualBox setup and carry on as always?
Just looking for a change from VBox and this latest is a good excuse?

I have Win7 pro running on virtualbox 4.2.16, no issues here.
Host kernel is 3.9.11-gentoo-r1, and the NIC presented to Windows is a
nat'ted Intel PRO/1000

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com