Am 22.08.2013 17:58, schrieb hasufell:

You probably missed those hundreds of bugs we devs and also users were
faced with, including linkage against non-existing sonames, random
crashes and breakage when the binary is stripped.

So this is somewhat wrong information. It's like saying windows works
right out of the box without problems.

I am not arguing from the admin site of Skype; I am arguing from the user side.

You can install Skype almost whereever you want, behind a NAT-Router, Firewall, whatever, it just works. That's why it is so popular.

Try the same with Ekiga and you got probably tons of troubles.