Hi list,

Today after I had my system down for its weekly backup, on restarting KDE
(phonon) said some internal devices had been removed, in particular the
default device. And indeed I had no sound. This was with kernel 3.10.7 driving
the on-board Intel HDA audio. The kernel module snd_hda_intel had been loaded.

On rebooting the previous kernel, 3.8.13, sound worked OK but KDE said it had
noticed some other devices missing - presumably some that had been found by
kernel 3.10.7.

I've made the kernel configs the same as regards sound, but still I get sound
from 3.8.13 but not from 3.10.7. The kernel change-log hasn't helped either.

Anyone have a clue to offer?

--
Regards,
Peter