I think there's a bug in one of the updates these days: if you have
Japanese activated in /etc/make.conf:LINGUAS, emerge wants to install a
new set of Japanese man pages, which however is blocked by groff-1.19. It's
not a big problem here as I just wanted CJK support for this machine at
a linguistics department, but just to let you know...
groff-1.19 is in stable, so something that doesn't work with it
shouldn't go into stable, should it? app-i18n/man-pages-ja requires
1.18.

regards
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages.       KeyID: 90CF8389
Fingerprint: 8E 1F 10 81 A4 66 29 46  B9 8A B9 E2 09 9F 3B 91