Hi,
On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 09:15 -0700, Bill Six wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Can confirm it works with Gentoo for more then two
> > years, till now.
>
> Are you saying it's not working for you too?
it *is* working for me. Not a native speaker, sorry ;)

> > Check again the docs/config & unmute the
> > channels.Check the kernel-link.
>
> I've checked over the docs a few times, and made sure
> to unmute the channels.  When I unmute PCM and set it
> to 100%, I hear a little fuzzy sound on my speakers,
> but still get no sound.  What do you mean by check the
> kernel-link?
Using alsamixer unmute 'Master' too. Not to 100% around 70% is enough.
Alsa-driver is a kernel module (this one only if you are using external
alsa-driver /as ebuild/ and *not* the in-kernel alsa-driver).
Kernel modules always use/compile against the kernel-link
(/usr/src/linux) which is a symlink and points to some kernel
in /usr/src directory (i have three kernels).
Compare the link to "uname -a" output.

> Thanks,
>
> Bill

...SKIP...