130927 Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
> you are encountering a relatively new feature of portage
> that is supposed to make revdep-rebuild & emerge @preserve-rebuild obsolete.
> The logic is, that if you update a package, other packages
> depending on this package will automatically rebuild to prevent breakage.
> It seems that in your case portage "thinks" that one of that packages
> depends on zsh-completion and pulls that in for rebuild,
> which in turn, most likely via setuptools or PyQt4,
> pulls libreoffice to rebuild.

I have found sometimes that Portage wants to remerge LO or similar,
but in fact the existing installed version continues to work regardless.
Try remerging the other pkgs first & see if LO still functions as usual ;
only if it doesn't do you need to remerge it.

HTH

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca