Am 30.09.2013 22:03, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> I will simply let the scp take its time over night ... and I hope the
> KVM-performance will be OK when I start the converted VM.

I used split and tar to split the image-file into 100 MB parts and rsync
them over right now.

Maybe I have something wrong in my kernel ... the server shows a load of
around 3 ... while only the rsync is running and my mosh-session ...

This is a 24-core-system ... it shouldn't even blink ...

2 CPUs: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6344

I have:

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"

maybe one of you would be so kind and helpful and check my kernel-config
for obvious stupidity:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24516209/config

Thanks in advance, Stefan