Am 01.10.2013 16:00, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
>
> This is a 4-port NIC ... maybe I need some specific drivers and not only
> the tg3-kernel-module?

for the records and if someone wants to join in:

recompiled the kernel, put in some ACPI-stuff and chose "generic X86_64"
for the processor type. This somehow helped ... the load is lower now
and the system is more responsive.

I am considering to change the (auto-generated? by systemd) mount
options for the ext4-fs: data=ordered ...

-

Right now I am re-cat-ing my splitted image file ... we'll see.

Stefan