Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I think you are misreading that sentence out of it's context.
> > The context as I read it states that the hosting server is a VPS leased
> > by Gandi and they don't have control over the kernel (openvz, lxc,
> > containers, etc..).

> Michael cleared that up too
> Running kernel != sources

Well, these minimalist--> embedded distros have finely tuned
kernels and that is a quintessential characteristic. If the upstream kernel
is availble in source form, with some docs, then why does the (mini) distro
just make provisions for kernel mods inhouse?

Danger will robinson, DANGER.....
Been there done that TOO MANY TIMES.

caveat emptor!
James