On Sunday 13 Oct 2013 22:49:41 Dale wrote:
> I don't overclock so I'm not worried about that.  I did it once with a
> old Abit mobo with a AMD 2500+ CPU but it just didn't make much difference.

O/C = higher costs.  You need higher frequency memory, bigger CPU/case coolers
and potentially a bigger PSU.  If your budget is constrained then buy
memory/cooler/PSU that will run with default settings.  The 10% performance
improvement that a modern CPU may give you when O/C is not really worth the
hassle.
--
Regards,
Mick