On 2013-10-18 7:19 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 18/10/2013 12:23, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2013-10-17 10:30 PM, Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
I apologize.  That is arguably a two factor system.  When you said
"ssh key and password", I "jumped to delusions", assuming that it was a
standard ssh connection with the option of either key or password.

Side question...

So, wouldn't the simplest two-factor authentication be an SSH key that
required a password?

No, there is no way to verify that a user has enabled a passphrase on an
ssh key.

No... I mean...

If I create an SSH key that requires a password (ie, not a 'blank' password), then when I use this ssh key to connect to the system it was created for, and it asks for the password...

This is, as far as I can see, a poor man's 'two-factor' authentication, is it not?