On 12/21/2013 10:45 PM, masterprometheus wrote:
> Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
>
>> I've set up gentoo on my desktop PC. I have a question about what
>> temperature readings for the Nvidia GPU in question are considered to
> be
>> safe. At the moment, the temperature readings for my GPU, as reported
> by
>> the XFCE sensors plugin are 73 degrees C.
> That's ok for that GPU.

Understood. Thanks.

On my laptop I have:

lspci|grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G98M [GeForce G
103M] (rev a1)

And it's running at:
nvidia-smi -a|awk '/Temperature/,/.*Gpu/'
    Temperature
        Gpu                         : 46 C

So, I thought I'd ask.

So, the temperature readings must be GPU model dependent, are they?

Thanks.