On 01/05/2014 04:32 AM, Jarry wrote:
> Hi Gentoo-users,
>
> while trying to update my box I ran into some problem with
> x11-misc/shared-mime-info (updating from 1.0 to 1.2-r1).
> Maybe someone could help me to understand what the problem is.
>
> I see it failed in config-phase with:
> "error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool"
>
> But why was XML::Parser not pulled as dependency, when it
> is required? What ebuild is it in?
>
> Jarry

The proper dependency should be pulled in (x11-misc/shared-mime-info
depends on dev-util/intltool, which depends on dev-perl/XML-Parser).

My guess is that you recently upgraded perl, which might require you to
rebuild the perl modules. You can try rebuilding just
dev-perl/XML-Parser, but I recommend using perl-cleaner [1] to rebuild
all the modules:
    perl-cleaner --allmodules -v

And then try to rebuild shared-mime-info.

Regards,
Pavel

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/perl/perl-cleaner.xml