On 05-Jan-14 15:02, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:06:31 +0100, Jarry wrote:

You are right and this fixed my problem. Thanks! I really updated
perl recently but I did not know I had to run perl-cleaner. Never
heard of it. Should not it be done automaticaly, always after new
perl version has been installed?

Did ou not see this n the elog message from Perl?

UPDATE THE PERL MODULES:
After updating dev-lang/perl you must reinstall
the installed perl modules.
Use: perl-cleaner --all

Well, I tested it on another computer and the problem is
perl and shared-mime-info are updated at the same update-run.
So I can find this message *after* update of shared-mime-info
already crashed. And I have to scroll way back to see any
perl-related messages...

Jarry