On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 08:57:22 +0000
Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 09:36:40 +0100, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > thank you for the inofrmation! :))
> > I am currently on the way of installing texlive completly
> > and I cannot get enough documentation about it...
> > So I thought, that "doc" was a good idea...but iw seems not
> > to be...
>
> It may be a good idea, for that package, but not globally. Even so,
> unless you need API documentation, I doubt you want that flag.

Also it makes the compile time for some packages longer; kdelibs is a
case where it takes significantly longer (30+ minutes iirc?  it's been
a while).

Sometimes I think it'd be nice to be able to enable all manuals / user
guides but not necessarily API documentation (examples: wireshark,
postgresql-server, ghc), but since that's the extent of my examples,
and two of them are development-related, I doubt it's worth the
effort.

- Khumba