Hello, Alan.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 06:54:27AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 16/01/2014 00:35, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > I've emerged qtdbus, and the "qdbus" error message has gone.  But I can't
> > for the life of me locate the package containing kdeinit4.  I've looked
> > through /usr/portage/kde-base/, but can't identify the KDE base package I
> > need.  equery only works on already emerged packages.

> > Which package contains kdeinit4?

> kde-base/kdelibs

Thanks!  ~50 packages altogether, which took just over an hour to
emerge.  Sadly, it didn't help get xfce running.  I seem to have a hard
segfault in xfce4-session.  That's after purging xfce and re-emerging,
too.

That's two weekends I've been without X.  I don't know what I'm going to
do, right now.  Might even try KDE, just to get some sort of working X.

:-(

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).