I think a "more stable" distro is better for production. My choice is
debian. I think you cant find nothing more stable that debian...

>Gentoo makes the best server os because it's a custom built os where the
admin knows each and every aspect of the os.

This is true, but gentoo is a little unstable to use on production. The
system must be on 365 days/year. ¿and when you need to update the system?
This will use all the processor and the system will be overloaded. This
means users can't use the system when this is updating...

I think the best for a server is debian. I didn't try red hat but I see
this like a commercial distro :/ Any way, red hat is very used as server.
And if you choice to pay, you will have official support (Other wise, you
are alone :/)

P.D: I'm sorry if my english is not perfect, i speak spanish [?]

>  Maybe it's intresting, although I prefer to use red hat, suse or ubuntu
> in datacenter as Google. Slackware servers're not very poppular here
>
> On 2014年02月20日 08:14, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
>
> On 20 Feb 2014 05:12, "Franklin Wang" <touch2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > and what about slackware for server?

<<349.gif>>