On 03/06/2014 10:40 AM, Jarry wrote:

> If I understand it correctly, then "-python" means package is
> compiled *without* python-support. So a) it should not depend
> on python at all and b) recompilation does not change anything...
>
> Jarry

I wonder if python-updater can even tell the package is built without
the python USE flag. It sounds to me like it can't, and it notices that
modules are missing, so it adds it to the rebuild list.

Easy way to find out is emerge cracklib with the python USE flag
enabled. If python-updater gives an all-clear after that, maybe it's a bug?

Just a thought...

Dan