Am 26.05.2014 21:57, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 26.05.2014 19:47, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> But I somehow think the performance is sub-optimal.
>
> virt-backup is slow as well (using dd and gzip or pigz in my own patched
> version). Yes, that LVM stuff again ...
>
> I run 6 SAS disks and built hardware raids.
>
> Should I look into the cache settings there?
>

> way too slow ...

I think I have some IO-topic going on ... very likely some mismatch of
block sizes ...

the hw-raid, then LVM, then the snapshot on top of that ... and a
filesystem with properties as target ... oh my.

Chosing noop as IO-scheduler helps a bit but maybe I have to roll back
and rebuild one of the HW-RAID-Arrays with a different blocksize.

Stefan