Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 10:06:44AM -0400, cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote
> > Hi.  Since I booted into systemd, if I try to run amixer from a normal
> > user I get very different results than if I run amixer as root.  The
> > directory /dev/snd  is  world rw and I would like to know what is
> > happening.  The numbers are very different for instance the Master
> > volume as a regular user is 100%, but as root  its 40% where it should
> > be.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any  suggestions.
>
>   Is /var/lib/alsa/asound.state world readable?  If not, regular users
> may get some default value.  On my system...
>
> [d531][waltdnes][~] ll /var/lib/alsa/asound.state
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7749 May 28 17:32 /var/lib/alsa/asound.state

Yep, its the same, but when I tried to restore as a regular user (which
I normally don't do) it complained about the .lock file and restored to
some strange values which involved so much feedback that I had to go to
a root window and restore again.  The strange thing is that I had no
problems like this under openrc, so I wonder what systemd is doing and
how I can get around it.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici