Am 29.05.2014 04:27, schrieb Walter Dnes:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 06:36:28PM -0400, cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote
>> Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yep, its the same, but when I tried to restore as a regular user (which
>> I normally don't do) it complained about the .lock file and restored to
>> some strange values which involved so much feedback that I had to go to
>> a root window and restore again.  The strange thing is that I had no
>> problems like this under openrc, so I wonder what systemd is doing and
>> how I can get around it.
>
>   The settings are supposed to be automatically restored as part of the
> bootup process.  If you run openrc, did you execute...
>
> rc-update add alsasound boot
>
> ...at alsa installation as per http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ALSA ?  If
> you run systemd, I assume there's an equivalant service file.  And,
> grasping at straws, is your regular user a member of the "audio" group?

alsa-utils brings alsa-store.service and alsa-restore.service, but these
should be enabled by default

$ find /usr/lib/systemd/ -name *alsa*
/usr/lib/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/alsa-restore.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/alsa-state.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/shutdown.target.wants/alsa-store.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/alsa-restore.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/alsa-state.service
/usr/lib/systemd/system/alsa-store.service