Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:24:35 +0200, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>
>>> I'm considering encrypting my home partition one of these days.
>> why? if you are hacked, they just read what you are reading. Encryption
>> does not help you there at all.
> It helps if your computer is stolen. This is more, but not only, relevant
> to laptops.

I admit, I have never used encryption like this before.  I am assuming
that if I logout of my GUI, then it is encrypted at that point?  Once I
log back in, it decrypts it again?  Am I at least close?

I do have a desktop system.  No lappy, yet anyway.  Maybe one of these days.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!