On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:

Am Montag, 12. September 2005 12:48 schrieb Jorge Almeida:
I added nptl to my USE variables and tried to emerge glib.

you must re-emerge glibc,  when adding nptl to your USE. glib does not use the
nptl USE-variable ;)

Yes, I did that before trying to emerge glib. I found out after posting
(by checking a sane system) that the missing libraries are provided by
glibc. And /usr/lib/libpthread.so exists in my system...(as it should,
since the "nptlonly" USE variable is _not_ set).

I think this happens because my system is broken, God knows where and
why.
Is there some way to fix the toolchain, short of re-installing gentoo?

Thanks.

Jorge Almeida