On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:40:36 AM MSK, James wrote:
Bloatware like gnome and KDE will be the last to get QT5, Wayland and a
myriad of new, super_fast, secure desktop toys, imho.

Well, KDE is already on Qt 5.
Strictly speaking, there's no "KDE" or "KDE SC" anymore.
There are 3 separate projects:
- KDE Frameworks 5 (released already)
- KDE Plasma 5 (released too)
- KDE Applications 5 (this or is not yet released)

Qt 4 apps will still be able to work with Frameworks 5 and Plasma 5.

As for Wayland, we should not worry about KDE or GNOME not supporting it but rather about nvidia or amd video driver. Nouveau is still slow and I doubt it'll show decent perfomance in near future.