On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 21:14:04 +0300, Alexander Kapshuk wrote:

> Is this gentoo wiki article still relevant when it comes to configuring
> chrony on gentoo?
> http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/Chrony
>
> Or should I stick to the instructions given here:
> /usr/share/doc/chrony-1.29.1/chrony.txt.bz2

The wiki article is from 2008 and doesn't seem "too wrong",
but the current ebuilds are a bit more up to date wrt.
default config and init script. The current template config also
contains very detailed instructions and is probably the best way
to get started. How much you need to set up depends on your specific
use case - pure client, steady/interrupted connectivity, server for
other machines on the LAN..

If you only want to be a client just add one or multiple servers
to the config and you are good to go; chrony works well pretty much
out of the box.

-h