On 13/08/2014 23:48, James wrote:

>> eclean <options> distfiles
>
> Yea, I very familiar with cleaning up distfiles, tools and manually....
> The tools never seems to be 100% effective before.

They are very effective. There are only three main choices:

1. delete everything in distfiles that is no longer referenced in the tree
2. delete everything in distfiles referenced by entire packages no
longer installed
3. delete everything in distfiles referenced by package versions no
longer installed.

There's a 4th one too: rm -rf

and a few tweak options regarding size of files so you can delete all
small one and keep all big ones etc etc

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com