Am 05.09.2014 um 22:07 schrieb Daniel Frey:

> Going off topic a bit, but I recently bought a DN2820FYKH (Celeron
> model) and it works beautifully with mythtv. Compiling is a litter
> slower due to the processor, but it works well with its built-in IR.
> Very happy with it. I have everything working including HDMI audio
> passthrough. Best ~$250 I spent to date (NUC, RAM, SSD.)

... I am right now ordering the i3-version ... 4 GB RAM will be enough
for a start.

> Bear in mind that HDMI audio passthrough doesn't work when booting in
> legacy mode, you have to boot with native EFI. Had no issues with grub2.

Yes, thanks, I heard about that already.

It's for debian, but seems to list some general know-how for NUCs and
mythtv:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1alWSZZ8tLYe4I-lmdrsAGT67xV77q4F4jivGeEzIklk/edit#

> I also found out (the hard way) that kernel >=3.14 are required for the
> Intel video support.

Thanks, will consider that. Even 3.14.14 is stable in portage right now,
I wouldn't have started any lower. I will install gentoo stable ... btw,
how did you start installing? Some rescue-disk on a stick? PXE? (I
should fix my PXE-setup ...)

Stefan