On 09/06/2014 02:21 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> Yes, thanks, I heard about that already.
>
> It's for debian, but seems to list some general know-how for NUCs and
> mythtv:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1alWSZZ8tLYe4I-lmdrsAGT67xV77q4F4jivGeEzIklk/edit#

I didn't actually search for stuff until I found things that were badly
broken, like video playback on kernels <3.14. I just dove in headfirst
and was scratching my head for a while...

>> I also found out (the hard way) that kernel >=3.14 are required for the
>> Intel video support.
>
> Thanks, will consider that. Even 3.14.14 is stable in portage right now,
> I wouldn't have started any lower. I will install gentoo stable ... btw,
> how did you start installing? Some rescue-disk on a stick? PXE? (I
> should fix my PXE-setup ...)

I used the Mint 17 ISO written to USB. It showed up in the NUC's boot
menu as EFI-bootable.

By the way, the IR on mine wasn't obvious, I had kernel support for
Media Center Ed. and it wasn't detected - nor was it listed with
lsusb/lspci. Turns out it was an ITE Tech IT8712. Just FYI...

Dan