On 09/07/2014 11:55 AM, Grant wrote:
> I'm trying to use one of these mini-PCIe storage devices:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KWEA88
>
> in a Gigabyte Brix mini-computer but there isn't a /dev/sd* entry for
> it and it isn't in lspci.  Any ideas?

This may be a silly question - if you have an early revision of one of
these, does the BIOS even support an SSD in the mini-PCIe slot? Maybe
there's a BIOS update? I see that the new revisions do in fact support
mini-PCIe SSDs, but that doesn't mean earlier revisions do.

I've read online that some manufacturers are using the mini-PCIe slot in
some devices but they don't adhere to the mini-PCIe specs, which means
if you plug something other than the card provided (like your SSD) it
won't work...

Dan