On 2014-09-21, Mark David Dumlao <madum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 2:58 AM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> You are mistaken.
>>
>> No, I am not.
>>
>>> I've helped a friend debug problems on a couple devices running a
>>> custom Arch system with systemd.
>>
>> How does that contradict the statement I made that the systems where
>> I care about boot times do not have the resources required to run
>> systemd?
>
> You made a generic, catch-all statement about embedded systems which isnt
> necessarily true.

No, I made a statement about the systems where _I_ care about boot
time.  The embedded systems where I care about boot time are two
industrial product lines where which I'm reponsible for the embedded
Linux OS.  Boot time matters for those products.  Those products don't
have a few extra MB to run systemd.

> There are plenty of routers or NAS devices or ipcams, etc that have
> the resources to run systemd. Pretty much everything that has the
> space to fit the kernel and a a few MB has the resources to run it

I don't care about boot times for routers, NAS devices, ipcams, etc.

The embedded systems where I care about boot time do _not_ have a few
extra MB to run systemd.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I am covered with
                                  at               pure vegetable oil and I am