On Tuesday 07 Oct 2014 21:18:04 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2014 20:26:42 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:
> > > I still use Konqueror as file manager, ssh/ftp/webdav client and
> > > occasionally as an Internet browser.  However, I have set it up to use
> > > WebKit as its browser engine instead of KHTML.
> >
> > Why not use Dolphin as file manager?
>
> Because neither it nor Krusader is anywhere near as flexible. I still
> consider the introduction of Dolphin to be a major backwards step of KDE4.

I agree with Neil.  I can't really see what Dolphin offers that Konqueror
didn't already have.  Of course, with KDE4 you *have* to install Dolphin to
get Konqueror to do what it always did.  No point in me dissing KDE4 devs for
they inspired executive decisions (pissing many of their existing user base
off and not really attracting any new punters along) because others have
already covered this admirably, but you get the gist.
--
Regards,
Mick