On 11/24/2014 08:35 PM, wraeth wrote:
> On 25/11/14 12:26, walt wrote:
> > A question of my own:  the ebuilds for icedtea list the cups flag
> > as +cups. So far I haven't discovered a man page that explains the
> > + prefix.  Is there such a man page?
>
> I just had a look through the man pages of emerge, portage and ebuild,
> plus at the Gentoo Devmanual and couldn't find anything; however I'm
> reasonably certain that in the context of an ebuild, a use flag
> defined as "+flag" means that it is defaulted to enabled by the ebuild.

Yes, this is correct.

> Running emerge with the -d flag can sometimes shed some light.  More light
> than
> you probably want

I'll get right on this. Didn't know about (or forgot about) -d.

> I see there is a cups USEFLAG for icedtea.  Could you unset that flag for
> icedtea as a workaround?

icedtea is weird - according to equery, +cups makes cups a build-time
only dependency, instead a build *and* runtime dependency.

Also, I just installed with and without '-d', and it now works. So I
guess this has been solved, but it's still strange. It might be that I
installed just cups-filters with --oneshot, but who knows.

Alec