>> > Does anybody know more about this "security flaw in the open-source Linux
>> > GNU C Library"
>> >
>> > http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/linux-makers-release-patch-to-thwart-new-ghost-cyber-threat/article22662060/?cmpid=rss1
>>

>> I updated a system of mine that was using an old version of glibc and
>> rebooted.  I can't do a full emerge world there or use various other
>> portage tools due to the peculiarities of my current situation.  Could
>> I still be vulnerable?
>
> Your system may be vulnerable to this issue only if you have
> packages statically linked with vulnerable glibc libs, so most
> likely — no. But your system may be affected by a plenty of other
> issues in various packages.
>
> At the very least you should apply all GLSAs to your system: while
> they don't encompass all vulnerabilities, they should warn you
> about most common and important ones.

I don't think I have USE=static anywhere.  Any way to confirm?

I've been watching glsa.gentoo.org (a little dismayed that this glibc
vulnerability isn't there yet) but you prompted me to give glsa-check
a try.  It's telling me I'm vulnerable to some that I clearly am not
vulnerable to.  Do I need to clear a cache somewhere?

- Grant