On Fri, 6 Mar 2015 02:03:48 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:

> I'm not sure the arch of a 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800;
> isn't that compatible with i686 binaries? I found this:
>
> " When it comes to compiling, just compile with -march=geode. That
> option is defined on any i386/x86-64 gcc, so no real need to
> cross-compile. If you want to run the binary on your compiler host as
> well (without a recompile), try something like -march=i486
> -mtune=geode. "

The Geode LX800 is more like an i486. I used to use a box based on one
(not as a router) in the days before the Raspberry Pi. I used to build
packages in a chroot on my i7 box, using these settings

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=geode -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
CHOST="i486-pc-linux-gnu"
MAKEOPTS="-j16 -l10"

--
Neil Bothwick

I backed up my hard drive and ran into a bus.