> Does anybody have a good link how to capture audio from SPDIF?
> When I connect the audio to my SPDIF-IN I can hear the the voice on
> the speakers but when I try to record using KDE "KRec" nothing is
> captured. I suppose the KRec is not configured correctly.
> Anybody has good link how to do it.

if your SPDIF input is supported by ALSA, the following steps are
necessary:

* Even if you hear the noise thru the speakers, this does *not* mean
that the audio signal has left the card and went into RAM. This is
called monitoring: incoming signal being routed back to the outputs
immediately

* If your SPDIF input is supported, you have to select the SPDIF input
of your card as capture source (use a mixer to do so, maybe alsamixer
in console mode)

* If you have done so ensure the gain level for this source isn't muted
and it is opened

* NOw signal should arrive at ALSA. Krec uses artsd, the KDE
soundserver. So you should go to the control center and set up artsd to
use the right device

Recommendation: Use qarecord in ALSA mode. It has a nice levelmeter so
you immediately can see if there's audio coming in or not.

Best regards

    ce