Poncho wrote:
> On 18.03.2015 17:37, Rich Freeman wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> You can look inside an initramfs by doing the following:
>> mkdir /tmp/ext
>> cd /tmp/ext
>> zcat /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-gentoo.img | cpio -i
>> find usr
>> find lib64
>> [...]
> dracut comes with the /usr/bin/lsinitrd tool. pretty convenient.
> With the -f option, you can print the contents of file as well.

I thought there was a tool that just lists the contents.  Things is, I'm
not sure what I would be looking at.  I figure the contents of some of
the files is more important than whether it is there or not.  I guess.
I have a bad history with these init thingys.  It was one reason I
switched to Gentoo.  Keep in mind, I switched way back in 2003 when it
was rare that a init thingy was needed in Gentoo.  It seems someone
screwed that up.

Anyway.  I try to keep a few fall back plans around.  Spare kernels
etc.  ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)