On 24/03/15 15:07, Francisco Ares wrote:
Hi,

Recently - but can't figure out exactly when - Qt Creator has become
unable to access Qt containers (where the STL ones work as expected) on
the debug panel.  It shows <not accessible> in place of the expected
item quantity for a QList, for instance, but for a
std::vector<std::string>, it works, allowing inspection of all items.

Any hints on what I may be doing wrong? The headers are all accessible,
for instance. Should I build Qt with debug symbols enabled, as
recommended for glibc?

Using current Qt 4.8.5, Qt Creator 2.8.1, gdb 7.7.1, gcc 4.8.3

I remember having a problem with old Creator that had to do with showing contents of variables. I don't remember the details though. I only remember that the issue was gdb. I was using a version that was not working correctly with Creator 2.8. I had to downgrade to an old gdb. 7.5.1, I think.

I can't reproduce the problem anymore, since I've since switched to Creator 3 (now on 3.3.2.) This is rather easy to upgrade to now, as Qt5 is now in portage (although in ~arch.) If you want to upgrade, note that you can still develop for Qt4 just fine. Qt5 is only used to run Creator itself, it doesn't have any effect on the version of Qt you want to develop for.