On 24/03/15 21:12, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
On Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:07:56 AM Francisco Ares wrote:
Hi,

Recently - but can't figure out exactly when - Qt Creator has become unable
to access Qt containers (where the STL ones work as expected) on the debug
panel.  It shows <not accessible> in place of the expected item quantity
for a QList, for instance, but for a std::vector<std::string>, it works,
allowing inspection of all items.

Any hints on what I may be doing wrong? The headers are all accessible, for
instance. Should I build Qt with debug symbols enabled, as recommended for
glibc?

Using current Qt 4.8.5, Qt Creator 2.8.1, gdb 7.7.1, gcc 4.8.3

Thanks!
Francisco

Try to print it from gdb cli, if it works you'll know the issue QtCreator,
otherwise you're likely missing some symbols. You should always compile any
development libraries with debug symbols.

You don't need debug symbols for inspecting containers. They are not needed. The only reason for enabling debug symbols in Qt is if you want to step into Qt's code.