On 19/05/15 03:47, James wrote:
One of the things I find ugly about github is the first appearance
of the main (base) page of a given project.  One thing I really like about
sourceforge is how some projects look much more professional. I do not need
(nor want) a lecture on why this is. I only want solutions or ideas of how
to create a github base page that looks much more (www) presentable like
this sourceforge page:

http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/

That's not actually the SF page for QjackCtl. That's the project page, which is really just web space where you upload your site. The actual SF page is this:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/qjackctl

You can do the same in GitHub though. Here's a project of mine. GitHub page:

  https://github.com/realnc/SDL_audiolib

And the GitHub-hosted project page (I only put the documentation there though):

  http://realnc.github.io/SDL_audiolib

Info on how to do this:

  https://help.github.com/categories/github-pages-basics